Saturday, March 3, 2012

Balenciaga - LBD

                                                                                         Illustration by Jolain

Four-sided dress in black gazar, Balenciaga, 1967                    

Every season Balenciaga included a little black dress, created and sewn entirely with his own hands.  This one dress epitomized the essence of his collection.  I credit the great Balenciaga with making the little black dress the perennial fashion favorite it is today.  

Here are some of this season’s best.

Jil Sander

Lanvin

Calvin Klein

Bottega Veneta

Chado Ralph Rucci

Chado Ralph Rucci

Christian Dior

Christian Dior

Nina Ricci

Nina Ricci

2 comments:

  1. Your words are so positive, full of wit and style wisdom, I am from the Philippines and I write about fashion for a large broad sheet. BRAVA and you illustrations which I do too, are MARVELOUS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I appreciate the feedback, especially when it is so kind. Hope you'll keep following my blog.

    ReplyDelete